Wednesday 30 March 2022

Week 28 ; 29th March -1st April

 

30th March 2022 

sunny, warm 

Wednesday 


Congratulations to Nety and Ariana for the English Competition Results ! Good job ! 


OLYMPICS SUBJECT


A) Fill in the sentences with the correct forms of the verbs in the brackets: (10 points)


 1. My parents got to know each other when they …studied…. ( study) at university. 

2. This is only the second time I’ ve ever flown ……… ( ever fly ) in an aeroplane. 

3. By the time she arrived I …had been waiting ……. ( wait) for two hours.

 4. We’re going to eat a big hot meal as soon as we …find …. ( find) a restaurant. 

5. A government minister …was found….. ( find) guilty of fraud yesterday.

 6. If I …went…. (go) to the wedding, it would mean buying a new dress. 

7. We’re going out unless the weather …gets… ( get) much worse.

 8. She wishes she …met… (meet) him . 

9. I …am seeing… ( see) an old friend tonight. 

 10. He…is thinking … ( to think ) of studying Law.


1. It’s a pity you didn’t tell us about it.

 I wish you had told us about it. 

 2. The heat was such ... that I nearly fainted. 

 It was so hot that I nearly fainted. 

3. “I’m meeting my friends this evening”, said William. 

 William said he was meeting his friends  that evening . 

4. I advise you to talk to your wife as soon as possible. 

 If  I were you , I would talk to my wife as soon as possible.  

5. I find it hard to go at the same speed as my husband on walking holidays. 

 I find it hard to keep up with my husband on walking holidays.

I find it hard to walk as fast as my husband on walking holidays. 


mock exam = simulare ( examen)




No comments:

Post a Comment